Wednesday 27 June 2012

Euro 2012: The best moment so far

Panenka Penalty
Andrea Pirlo:
"I saw that the goalkeeper was really fired up and I thought about doing that," he said. "It was easier to shoot that way and it put a bit of pressure on the goalkeeper."
Italian midfielder Daniele De Rossi:
"If I had to choose a lasting image from the game I'd say Pirlo's penalty, I'd not seen such a crazy shot as that since the days of Totti."

Andrea Pirlo - selected honours
  • World cup winner: 06, man of match in final, bronze ball
  • Champions league: 03,07
  • Serie A: 04,10,11
Print this post

1 comment:

mcg said...

The audacity to even conceive the idea, the balls to follow through, the skill and perfect execution, the modesty shown in the aftermath - and that's leaving aside the enormity of the pressure (Italy were all but out if he missed) - I have never seen anything like this, one of the all-time highlights in major championships.

"The penalty was not madness rather it was what I felt like doing at that moment." - more here: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0627/1224318804780.html

Post a Comment

You Can Add Images, Colored Text and more To Your Comment.

Image: [im]Image URL Here[/im]
Colours: [co="red"]Comment Text Here[/co]
Marquee: [ma]Comment Text[/ma]
and more..

Subscribe via FeedBurner